The complex nature of information protection stems, first of all, from the nature of the actions of intruders seeking to obtain information important for the competitive struggle using any combination of means. Here it is legitimate to assert that the weapon of defense must be adequate to the weapon of attack.
Basic Concepts of Information Security with VDR on the Enterprise Digital Rights Management
Modern society is called informational. The widespread development of computer technology and communication has made it possible to collect, store, process, and transmit information in such volumes and with such efficiency that was unthinkable before. Thanks to new information technologies, the production and non-production activities of a person, his everyday sphere of communication are infinitely expanding due to the involvement of experience, knowledge, and spiritual values developed by world civilization, and the economy itself is less and less characterized as the production of material goods and more and more – as the dissemination of information products and services:
- The first and most important is the principle of continuous improvement and development of the information security system. The essence of this principle is to constantly monitor the functioning of the system, identify its weaknesses, methods, and ways to protect information. Thus, ensuring information security cannot be a one-time act.
- The second is the principle of the integrated use of the entire arsenal of available means of protection in all structural elements of production and at all stages of the technological cycle of information processing.
- Centralized: it must be borne in mind that the control process is always centralized, while the structure of the system that implements this process must correspond to the structure of the protected object.
- Planned: planning is carried out to organize the interaction of all divisions of the facility in the interests of implementing the adopted security policy.
- Specific and targeted: specific information resources that may be of interest to competitors are subject to protection.
What Is the Enterprise Digital Rights Management In data room due diligence?
The move to digital business processes with data room due diligence is multiplying the amount of data generated by organizations, their partners, and customers. Information has become a critical element of today’s integrated business ecosystem, and its value to organizations – as well as attackers – is constantly growing. The digitalization of business has made companies vulnerable to new threats, which, of course, contributes to the urgency of the problem of effectively ensuring cybersecurity and data confidentiality.
Policies, regulations, and supervisory and auditing procedures should be in place to enable regulated entities to develop an effective and comprehensive “risk-based” approach and processes to be used in all appropriate measures to manage the overall risks and risks associated with digital identity, money laundering, terrorist financing, and fraud, to strengthen all services and departments responsible for risk management and risk mitigation.
The enterprise digital rights management in data room due diligence should be developed to understand the opportunities and risks associated with digital identity and to develop regulations and guidance to mitigate these risks. Existing digital identity security mechanisms and standards developed by issues (including with regard to technology, security, governance, and resource provision) should be evaluated and used (where appropriate), in order to assess the levels of reliability provided by digital identity systems for their possible use in the customer due diligence process.